ERICH JAEGER - The OEM supplier of waterproof EXPERT sockets
Following the introduction in 2015, a large number of automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturers now rely on ERICH JAEGER's watertight EXPERT sockets.
The 100% waterproof 13P/12V EXPERT connector system sets a new standard in this segment and follows our philosophy of making the connections between towing vehicle and trailer significantly easier and safer.
The sophisticated, double contact system with primary and secondary lock makes together with individual wire seals the penetration of moisture into the vehicle board network impossible. Even under the most extreme conditions, the EXPERT system provides 100% water-tightness. Also the draining of a sport boat into the water (submerging of the connection system) masters our connector without difficulty. The EXPERT connector system satisfies all requirements of original equipment manufacturers in the automotive industry such as the protection IPX7 (waterproof up to 0.5m depth) and IPX9K (protection against water during high pressure-/ steam jet cleaning). In addition to the water-tightness our new 13P / 12V system has greatly simplified the installation options (Plug & Play).
|Model Type||Part No.|
|13P/12V EXPERT socket, according to ISO 11446-1||121314|
|13P/12V socket housing, according to ISO 11446-1||382594|
|13P/12V socket specific contact insert for art.-no. 382594||382598|
|Seal for multicore cables||037129|
|Contact sleeve for wire cross-sectional area 0,5 - 1,0 mm²||053861-4|
|Contact sleeve for wire cross-sectional area >1,0 -2,5 mm²||052675-4|
|Single wire seal for wire cross-sectional area 0,5 - 1,0 mm²||053862|
|Single wire seal for wire cross-sectional area >1,0 -2,5 mm²||055632|
|Stuff plug (is mandatory for unoccupied chambers in order to ensure water tightness)||059124|
- 100% water barrier from plug side to cable harness side, even when a plug is connected
- 100% watertightness from cable harness side through single wire seals
- Protection IPX7 (waterproof up to 0.5m depth) and IPX9K (steam jet resistant)
- Rear cable outlet (grommet) can be positioned every 60° on the socket housing
- New socket design with compatibility for a lot of existing mounting plates (whole diameter from 42 mm)
- Contact insert with second contact safety (OE standard)
- Easy handling for socket exchange in case of repair service (no soldering)
- Customer branding possible if required